View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delathim

re: DECLINED - Kragg - Warlock Extraordinaire

Personal Info:

I'm 26, male and I'm a translator. My major is on the translation and interpretation of the English language. I work at home and mostly midday. I have no life, but I have a beard.

Character info:

Name: Kragglok

Class: Warlock

Main Spec and iLvl: Destruction i736

Offspec iLvl: Affliction i736

Armory Link: http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/draenor/Kragglok

Warcraft logs link REQUIRED : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/38141/latest#boss=0 / https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12664448/latest#boss=0

Alts (optional): See my wowprogress page.

Please explain your current stat priority, this includes any gems and enchants you use and any set bonuses you are currently going for : I sim my weights, the pieces of gear I use and will use and my openers & such. Right now I'm going for heavy Mastery Destruction as MS, and I'm utilizing 2pc as I am short of optimal pieces for 4pc. But yeah, I mostly just sim everything.

Please explain your current talents and glyphs, explain why you are using them, when if and why you change you talents for any given encounter: Both Destruction's and Affliction's talents and glyphs are very cookie-cutter, and you don't change talents or glyphs but specs per fight basis. Destro on most of HFC for cleave & AoE, and Affliction for ST & Council

Raid Exp (Current and previous): 13/13 Mythic HFC. Before WoD? Well...a lot. More than I'm willing to let myself realise.

Screenshot of UI IN RAID COMBAT (LFR is fine): http://imgur.com/CixBv8e

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving: Well my latest guild on my last main, Warrior, was Ninth Order but as I explained to one of your officers: 1. They are jerks, 2. I don't like where Warrior is going in Legion, 3. I don't want to transfer. Burn-out is another issue.

Reason behind applying for Weeping Angels: I was suggested by one of your socials, I talked to one of your officers and he was nice enough to give me information about WA and it all sounded good.

Write any additional information you feel you need to include here: I have a beard.

Reiken77
Officer

Hi,

First of all I'm going to be honest and say I'm disappointed in this application. You say you're a 13/13Mythic raider but put as much effort into a guild application as someone who is 5/13 in LFR. Not only have you half assed the questions you have answered, but youve also missed out key information that we like to see from applicants. 

We are in a position where we don't *need* raiders, but we certainly want raiders that will put in the effort to prove to us that we should take them. First impressions mean alot and this doesn't feel good to me. 

Put in the effort, tell us what we've asked in the app, in detail, not "i play these talents cause they're good" we want to know WHY and how they compare. When you come back with what we require, we can discuss further, other wise I'll have to decline this app. 

I await your reply,

cheers,

Reiken

Delathim

Reiken_MLG wrote:

Hi,

First of all I'm going to be honest and say I'm disappointed in this application. You say you're a 13/13Mythic raider but put as much effort into a guild application as someone who is 5/13 in LFR. Not only have you half assed the questions you have answered, but youve also missed out key information that we like to see from applicants. 

We are in a position where we don't *need* raiders, but we certainly want raiders that will put in the effort to prove to us that we should take them. First impressions mean alot and this doesn't feel good to me. 

Put in the effort, tell us what we've asked in the app, in detail, not "i play these talents cause they're good" we want to know WHY and how they compare. When you come back with what we require, we can discuss further, other wise I'll have to decline this app. 

I await your reply,

cheers,

Reiken

Well, ok.

Firstly, I don't say I'm a 13/13 Mythic raider, I am a 13/13 Mythic raider and what you're falsely assuming: Some people suck at making applications, and I am one as such. That is why I don't even make applications to guilds, I'd rather make my case through voice comms instead. It's not beacuse I'm an asshole who doesn't give a shit, I simply am a discreet and introverted person who sucks at expressing himself in written form - even though you assumed the worst of me, which is another "first impression".

Secondly, if you want the proof that I know what I'm doing, here it is:

Please explain your current stat priority, this includes any gems and enchants you use and any set bonuses you are currently going for: Here is how I decide what I go for:

Player: kragglok orc warlock destruction 100

DPS: 95123.4 DPS-Error=58.8/0.062% DPS-Range=10983/11.5% DPS-Convergence=68.2%

HPS: 0.0 HPS-Error=0.0/0.0%

DPR=7.9 RPS-Out=11817.9 RPS-In=11817.9 Resource=(mana) Waiting=0.0 ApM=48.0

Origin: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/draenor/kragglok

Talents: 2312311

Scale Factors:

kragglok Int=10.64(0.27) SP=9.69(0.27) Crit=9.86(0.26) Haste=7.16(0.27) Mastery=9.72(0.27) Mult=8.14(0.27) Vers=6.91(0.27)

As shown above, for my current gear and talent setup the stat choice is Mastery; as even though Crit scales better, I have to play Affliction in HFC aswell - more on that later - and as Affliction's best stats are haste=mastery>rest for my gear, I reach a compromise by enchanting and gemming Mastery.

And about 4pc; here's the sim with 4pc:

Player: kragglok orc warlock destruction 100

DPS: 97223.7 DPS-Error=58.8/0.062% DPS-Range=10983/11.5% DPS-Convergence=68.2%

HPS: 0.0 HPS-Error=0.0/0.0%

DPR=7.9 RPS-Out=11817.9 RPS-In=11817.9 Resource=(mana) Waiting=0.0 ApM=48.0

Origin: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/draenor/kragglok

Talents: 2312311

As such that I don't have access to 4pc as it stands right now, even though 4pc is a dps increase, I can't utilize it yet.

Please explain your current talents and glyphs, explain why you are using them, when if and why you change you talents for any given encounter:

Going case by case basis:

Soul Leech - Best choice inbetween Dark Regen and Searing Flames, as the absorbs never go to waste and while Dark Regen is a powerful CD, most goes to overhealing. Searing Flames is just garbage.

Shadowfury - Other talents have no raid utility.

Soul Link - While Sac. Pact has its niche, having a 20% bigger hp pool all the time instead of an on-demand CD trumps in HFC as a 20 man group has enough healer CDs already. Dark Bargain is just for Koragh.

Burning Rush - Other talents have no raid utility, and Burning Rush is the only Warlock sprint there is.

Grimoire of Sacrifice - While in WoD's launch Grimoire of Supremacy was the meta, GoSac. pulls ahead in HFC gear levels in both usefulness and dps.

Archimonde's Darkness - KJC is an okay talent, but both Destruction and Affliction have good movement spells. And AD is just beastly.

Charred Remains - With the class trinket and a mastery-heavy build, Charred Mastery pulls ahead of DServitude by an okay margin as you get to keep your Doomguard as a CD aswell where in HFC, fights are 1:30 mins and burst is everything.

Raid Exp (Current and previous): My raid xp is as follows:

Vanilla: I was a nub.

TBC: Up to pre-nerf Brutallus

Wrath: Up to Halion

Cata: Up to pre-nerf Spine

MoP: I played D3 for most of the MoP, got some world firsts, came back in SoO drought and cleared it

WoD: 13/13 Mythic HFC

And that's pretty much what you asked of me. If this isn't good enough for you, then I'm not good enough for you. Thanks anyway either way.

Nlaea-Line
Raider

Reiken77
Officer

Hi again,

Unfortunately after much consideration between me and the officer team, we have decided that you're not what we are looking for going forward.

I wish you all the best with your guild hunt.

Cheers, 

Reiken

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Weeping Angels Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum