Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weeping Angels Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moldrak

re: [Declined]Moldrak - Blood DK

Personal Info:

My real name is Timmy, I'm 28 years old and I live in Belgium.. I'd like to think of myself as an easy going guy who enjoys playing WoW (or other games) with like-minded people and has fun doing so. I'm a very goal oriented person, both in WoW and in real life and enjoy pushing myself to become as good as I can be at the things I set my mind to. Most of my free time goes to playing video games and spending time with friends or listening to music, seperatly or at the same time and just taking life as it comes :)

Charafter info:

Name:

Moldrak

Class:

Death Knight

Main Spec:

Blood

Stats priority:

Strength >= Bonus Armor > Stamina > Mastery >= Multistrike > Haste

Offspec:

Frost

Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Moldrak/advanced

Alts (link):

None at level 100 at this time.

Raid Exp (Current and previous):

Cataclysm:
Firelands - 7/7 Normal, 6/7 Heroic when it was current
Dragon Soul - 8/8 Normal, 5/8 Heroic when it was current

MoP:
Msv - 6/6 Normal, 4/6 Heroic
HoF - 6/6 Normal
ToES - 4/4 Normal
ToT - 12/12 Normal, 1/13 Heroic
SoO - 14/14 Normal, 13/14 Heroic

WoD:
Highmaul - 6/7 Normal, 1/7 Heroic so far

Screenshot of UI:

World of Logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6dr2e4f0s97oosbd/details/2/

Previous guilds:

The Big Broslawski: I founded this guild with 2 friends of mine as ToT was well underway and cleared everything from there until 4/14 heroic in Siege (1/13 heroic in ToT). During Siege progression, those 2 friends decided they wanted a more hardcore raiding experience and decided to move on to a different guild on a different server while others in the guild did not see themselves raiding 7/7 days a week. The guild died not long after and everyone went their seperate way.

Extenso: I joined this guild with my then girlfriend, who I met in The Big Broslawski. When things went south in our relationship, it reflected back onto our performance during raids and this led up to both of us having to leave the guild due to our performance and team-work no longer being as good as it used to be (for obvious reasons). I decided to take a break while she returned to the guild on her own. After a short break to get my head in order, I returned to raiding while leaving the "drama" behind me.

The Saints: After my break I ended up here as a recruit, but was never spoken to or even invited to raids which led to me making the choice of leaving and finding a place where I could actively raid.. Seeing as raiding is one of the main reasons why I play WoW.

Strength of Thor: I was able to raid in this guild for several weeks, however: Due to summer-time rolling in, and people in this guild generally heading off until WoD, that didn't last very long.. I enjoyed my time raiding with this guild, and the people in it, but due to my own desires and activities when it comes to playing WoW (raiding) I felt like it would be best to start looking for yet another guild that was actively raiding.

Pink Floyd: Same thing as Strength of Thor, really.. Fun to raid with, but people were dropping out left and right which caused the raiding shedule to be non-existant.

Nothing Else Matters: Left to see how far I could go before the end of MoP, as that was not possible in this guild as they are a highly casual guild that doesn't really have high expectations when it comes to progress (which is fine) while I do.

NeotericDawn: Due to finding a new job, and not being able to keep up with their raiding shedule, I had to make the choice to take a break from raiding with them in early September 2014. Now that I am back on track, and am able to play WoW more frequently, the option to raid with them is no longer there. Mainly due to new recruits having come along during my absence (which is understandable) which made it impossible for me to get a raid spot.

Nothing Else Matters (again): Due to not being able to raid with NeotericDawn anymore, I decided to move back to this guild to get at least *some* raiding done as that's what I enjoy most in WoW.

Reason behind applying for Weeping Angels:

I would like to join because you're one of the higher end guilds to be found on Draenor and because that is what I feel I'm ready to be, and capable of being, a part of.

Last edited by Moldrak on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Moldrak

Added a screenshot of my UI, seems I missed that.

MillerzzQQ
Raider

hello, as i used to play DK tank a lot my only question so far is why Mastery before Multistrike on priority list?

also please log out in Tank gear :)

and merry X-mas

Moldrak

MillerzzQQ wrote:

hello, as i used to play DK tank a lot my only question so far is why Mastery before Multistrike on priority list?

also please log out in Tank gear :)

and merry X-mas

Currently I find it better to prioritize Mastery ahead of Multistrike for better survival at my gear level, Multistrike being weaker for defensive purposes compared to Mastery. Once my gear level goes up, and my gearing makes more sense (it's pretty much "take what I can get" atm),  I intend to weigh them equally, maybe even go for more multristrike, to increase my dps output.

I should also be in tank gear on the armory now (although it doesn't seem to be updating properly for me, I have a gem that's not showing in my legs atm), sorry about that :)

Merry christmas!

MillerzzQQ
Raider

gone over your logs and screenshot.

quick questions, you got fairly low uptime on both your IBF and Rune Tap, do you have anything to keep track on when Cooldowns are ready?

Also i don't see anything on your UI that could help you with external cooldowns, which are fairly needed on HC / Mythic.

Defile is also something i know needs to bed used pretty much on CD, esp when you get the free procs. yet on some fights in 11-12 min you only have done it once a min, which is both survival decrease and dmg decrease.

also any plans on buying some items like tank deck ect.?

Moldrak

MillerzzQQ wrote:

gone over your logs and screenshot.

quick questions, you got fairly low uptime on both your IBF and Rune Tap, do you have anything to keep track on when Cooldowns are ready?

Also i don't see anything on your UI that could help you with external cooldowns, which are fairly needed on HC / Mythic.

Defile is also something i know needs to bed used pretty much on CD, esp when you get the free procs. yet on some fights in 11-12 min you only have done it once a min, which is both survival decrease and dmg decrease.

also any plans on buying some items like tank deck ect.?

I'm generally used to only using cd's when I feel I'm in direct danger of dying, which I don't get that often. I'm aware that using Rune Tap on cd, or at least 1 charge of the 2, could decrease my damage taken but so far I haven't felt the need to use it that often on Normal bosses (as that's what I'm "stuck" with atm) which don't really hurt me (Imperator being the only boss where I feel the need to try and actively use it). The same goes for IBF, which I only tend to use for when I know high damage is incoming and I need a lengthy damage reduction (going over 10stacks on Imperator, for example).

As for addons: I did get TellMeWhen since I took the screenshot of my UI, and plan on getting Hermes for external cd tracking.

As for my Defile usage: I do try to use it as much as I can, the only issue is that I do want the most benefit out of it and sometimes that's not possible. Movement, tank switches, etc make we want to spend the procs on Blood Boil most of the time as I will not get the full benefit of Defile at those times. I do, however, actively use it when I know the boss will not need to be moved for the next 10-12seconds and I will be the one tanking it (as Defile only grants the 10% damage reduction to me, and not the other tank).

And, I currently do not plan to buy any more crafted items, no, as I'm not the wealthiest of people out there when it comes to wow I did buy the tanking neck, as that was the only item I felt I could "afford", but buying any more would break the bank and I wouldn't have anything left for other important things like flasks, food and enchants (the latter being rediculously expensive, as I'm sure you're aware).

Moldrak

Here's an updated screenshot of my UI, hermes and TMW enabled aswel as Skada's threat meter as I found myself occasionally overaggro'ing on the initial pull..

http://i.imgur.com/SBgsPxN.jpg

Ironfluff
Officer

Hello Timmy

I'm sorry to inform you that we currently are not able to fit you into our roster. We will therefore have to decline your application.

We wish you good luck in finding a guild suitable for you and a happy New Year.

-Fluff out 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Weeping Angels Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum